Tata Group Buys Wistron Production Line, Will Make iPhone 15 and 15 Plus In India

Apple’s first two physical stores in India, in the cities of Mumbai and Delhi, opened last month. Foxconn, Pegatron, and Wistron are the three contract manufacturers in India that supply the Cupertino-based electronics behemoth.

After purchasing the Wistron factory in South India from a company based in Taiwan, the Tata Group is now poised to become Apple’s fourth contract manufacturer, as reported by TrendForce.  Follow our website, SamsungHubs, to learn about the most recent news!!

The iPhone 15 and 15 Plus will be produced by Tata Group.

Foxconn, Pegatron, and Luxshare are now Apple’s three contract manufacturers in India. One of the company’s longest-running contract manufacturers is Foxconn.

When the Tata Group takes over the Wistron factory in Karnataka, the Taiwanese company plans to close down its activities in India. It has been reported that the Indian conglomerate has purchased Wistron’s manufacturing facility in India. This concludes Wistron’s participation in the iPhone assembly market in India. Also Read – Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 full specs revealed ahead of Released

The story claims that Tata Group has already placed orders for the upcoming iPhone 15 and 15 Plus. This means that India will receive the new iPhones before of any other country. The research group predicts that the Indian multinational will manufacture a modest percentage of iPhone 15 and 15 Plus units.

Only 5% of both models will be assembled there. The normal version will be assembled 75% by Foxconn and 25% by Luxshare. Reports indicate that Luxshare and Pegatron receive 60% and 35% of Plus variant assembly orders, respectively.

Foxconn will assemble 70% of the Pro and Pro Max variants for the iPhone 15. Luxshare will acquire 70% of the latter, while Pegatron would receive the remaining 30%. Also Read – Motorola Razr 2023 leaks indicate colorful flip phone users require

According to Trendforce, Apple’s ordering habits suggest that new suppliers get less orders for cheaper models. If this test runs smoothly, Tata Group may be given a larger share of the iPhone manufacturing workload in the coming year.

The smartphone market in India is second only to China’s. Since 2017, Apple has begun making iPhones in the nation, and the company is stepping up its production operations to meet rising demand. Also Read – Samsung offers refurbished Galaxy S22, S22+, and S22 Ultra in US

The organization has also seen expansion in India. The Cupertino-based tech giant is looking to lessen its reliance on China (for a number of reasons) by relocating some of its manufacturing operations to other nations.

Related articles

Share article

Latest articles